There was lots of cooking as usual. Saturday morning I woke craving pancakes....
| And so the boy set to cook 'em! |
| The Pancake Monster |
| A happy one at that! |
| Orange poached pear served with fresh orange, ice cream and of course, cinnamon |
I want to share these receipes here, if anything, for my own record. I'm a chronic non-follower of receipes. In fact, most of the enjoyment I get from cooking is from the 'conjuring' up factor not as much when I'm constantly following instructions. Apparently this is something that Rhonda (who happens to by my good friend Sandy's MIL!), in her post about homecooking recommends when home-cooking. So, most of the time when I eat something when we eat out and love it, I have to come home to make it and if it doesn't work the first time, I make it again and again till I get the receipe down. Problem is (are), 1) by the time I get the taste right, I'm sick to death of eating that same dish week after week, 2) I get it right after the nth time, and not make it for a long time as per problem 1 and then forget how to make it the next time cos I haven't written it down.
On Sunday Energex rid us of electricity so we set off earlier than usual to the Rocklea markets. We didn't find what we were looking for there and so that took us further South to Wishart...... (to be continued).
Oops, I just spent too long on Eat Blog Sleep. Top blog!!
Time's running out I have to get ready for work soon. I bought this magazine from the news agency just then and LOVE IT. Only for a small price of $3.95!
To end, here's the top of my To Cook List for next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment