Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Falafel wraps

I'm into wraps these days. I've had 2 dinner parties with vietnamese spring rolls and I've made falafels for the first time today. Hooray for summerish cooking. Last week I had a scary mind block as to what to cook in the coming hotter weather!
Most essential ingredient: parsley (as endorsed by Pat Norman) and garlic, lots of both!

I cheated this time and used a pre-mixed dried falafel mix. I was very please with the outcome and even more impressed with the ingredients list on the box ($2.39) - chickpeas, garlic, herbs and spices, salt! No Flavour 2345 or Colouring E23! All I did was mix the dried mixture with water, stand for 10 minutes and started making these balls. Shallow fry in approx. 1cm oil in a smallish saucepan (to minimise oil usage and splatter).

Tabouleh - a variation from the norm: Parsley, half a red onion, 2 tomatoes, lots of lemon juice

Zesty falafel sauce: 1 cup yoghurt, as much mint as you want, 1 small cucumber, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, ground cumin to taste and garlic (I'm a huge fan so I put in 4-5 cloves I believe 1 should be ample).

I used a lebanese wholemeal flat bread. On pile the hommus, yoghurt sauce, salad veggies (I used spinach and rocket today), tabouleh, chilli (I can't go without, sorry!) and smash the falafel balls a bit. Roll, then eat! Yummo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails