Quantity: any (I made for 2)
Cooking time: 40 seconds
Best made in: Rice bowl (or any deep sort of small bowl)
Disclaimer: I don't really take notice of quantities when I'm improvising something new so apologies there. I guess the way to work it out is try it yourself : ) Some days you might feel like more cinnamon, or ginger, or lots and lots of honey!
The appley part
1 granny smith apple (for the 2 of us) cut up into cubes/bite size, skin on
Ground cinnamon
Ground ginger
(Optional) any berries, frozen is fine too
The crumbley part
Sunflower seeds (or any other kind of nut/seed)
LSA (or almond meal) - optional
Muesli (I used gluten free one. Oats will suffice.)
Sultanas/Raisins/Craisins (anyone tried this? I think we got some sample from our letter box!)
Fine dessicated coconut
To mix
Honey (as much as you like. I don't like too sweet so I put in half a table spoon for 2 serves)
Sprinkle of water after mixing apples and crumble (quantity......~1 tsp per serve)
To cook
Place mixture in microwavable rice bowl in microwave (on high) for 40 seconds
If you don't have a microwave, you can steam this for about a minute or two, checking as you go along
If you don't have a microwave, you can steam this for about a minute or two, checking as you go along
To serve
Add yoghurt (I like Jalna's premium low fat vanilla yoghurt)
or cream
or fresh apples/berries
or just have it the way it is : )
Bon appetit!
(especially tasty after a light sort of dinner, best eaten in the colder months of the year. Also very nice as a wholesome breakfast before work.)
Below is a photo of The Proper Apple Crumble (Green Kitchen Stories)
which is where this 40 second recipe was adapted from
which is where this 40 second recipe was adapted from
| made over the long Easter break |
No comments:
Post a Comment