Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's cold again

Can't believe the temperatures are soaring below 2 digits when it still isn't officially winter yet. I am definitely feeling the cold these last few nights at work. I start my new day shift role in 2 mondays' time.

While there are several reasons to be looking forward to working during the day time like 95% of the population, I have some reservations as to how that would change my lifestyle. Night shift has turned out to be super awesome for me as I am naturally a night time person. I am and probably will always love the fact that night time work is like a mundane after-thought that gets tacked to back of a great day. Almost like the act of brushing teeth, after a great day/night, before bed. Get what I mean?

What I am most concerned about is....COOKING! How am I suppose to find enough time to pursue this true passion of mine? I'm expected to be at work Monday to Friday, from 7am to 5pm at the very minimum. How does one find a life outside of work?

I'm determined to be twice as organised with meal planning/marinating and also to take advantage of having time to do yoga and meditation at the acclaimed Australian School of Meditation and Yoga at West End.

Oops, bell's rung. It's dinner time. Hopefully tasty lemon and garlic chicken breasts roasted with tomatoes and potato wedges, served with a generous dollop of freshly made brocolli pesto. I'll post the recipe if it's successful!

(I'm writing this whilst sitting in front of the oven that's roasting dinner.)

4 comments:

  1. That meal sounds delicious - I'm intrigued by the brocoli pesto.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! The brocoli pesto was from Green Kitchen Stories - super yum and healthy tasting! Except that I over garlicked it (when will I learn!!). You can find the recipe over at www.greenkitchenstories.com

    And thanks for the comment! You're my honourary first commenter who I don't know personally ; )

    And, I LOVE your blog and sometimes secretly wished I was a stay home mum and had kids so I could plan such exciting DIY parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the sound of brocoli pesto and have been enjoying reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi House Built On Stone!
    Thanks for your comment - I'm so sorry for not posting for so long. I am into my 2nd week of working day shift so am still getting sleeping/eating patterns back in order.
    Thanks for visiting!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails